A DEHUMIDIFIER IS THE #1 ENEMY OF MOLD!
MOLD - NOT UNDER WARRANTY
Mold is not covered by our basement waterproofing warranty, but we wanted to give you some information and a link to where you can learn a little more about what causes mold and how to get rid out it.
If you have a waterproofing system in place and you are still getting mold growth in the basement. Chances are you need to look at the air quality in the basement or find an obvious source of water leakage from a plumbing source or something similar to that.
Mold is an unwanted, unpleasant growth that can become a harmful intruder into your home. Mold can grow anywhere with a damp or humid environment. This includes bathrooms, basements, and any areas with water leakage, moisture, or poor ventilation.
If you notice any kind of fuzzy, discolored growth on your walls, in your crawl spaces, or on your pipes, then your home has also become the home of mold. You’ll want to remove mold from your home as soon as you notice it. Not only can it be annoying to deal with growths in your home and mold spores in the air, but it is also potentially harmful to your health.
Two types of health risks associated with exposure to mold are allergies and respiratory problems such as asthma. This can include coughing, stuffiness, and nose, throat, and eye irritation. In the case of people who have allergies or lung issues, possible infections can pose a serious threat to their health. While mold spores are commonly found in dust, excessive amounts of these spores can create poor air quality in your home. This is why proper ventilation is important in reducing the harmful effects of mold.
To eliminate this household issue, there are several key steps you can take. Make sure that there are no areas that become overly humid. This includes basements and crawl spaces, where moisture is highest. Be sure to immediately address leaking pipes, roofs, floors, and windows, and to clean the area as soon as the water has been removed.
Remember, if you find mold anywhere in your home, simply cleaning the surface is not a permanent solution. The conditions were right for mold to grow, so to completely remove the issue, you must also fix the source of the problem.